Why And How To Quit Smoking
So you have decided to quit smoking. Whether it’s because you want to improve the health of your body or because you want to improve the health of your wallet you have a few options available to you. You may have tried quitting in the past or this may be your first time – what’s important to understand is that this will be no easy journey, you will have your good days and you will have your bad ones. The trick is perseverance and determination.
What Are My Options?
This is most definitely the hardest of all the options. It involves you putting down your very last cigarette and never picking another one back up EVER. During the first few days you may feel sick but this is completely normal.
NRTs which stands for Nicotine Replacement Therapy can consist of:
• Nicotine Gum
• Nicotine Spray
• Nicotine Patch
Nicotine Replacement Therapy allows the user to get their fix of nicotine without having to inhale all the harmful chemicals that are found in cigarettes.
Medically prescribed medicines to help you kick the habit. Quit smoking in 12 weeks with Champix, also called Chantix (Varenicline).
Putting you in a deep, relaxed state so that your mind is open to suggestion the hypnotherapist will alter your thought patterns by making suggestions such as “I do not want a cigarette”. The idea behind this method is after the hypnosis session you will no longer crave a cigarette in fact some people have said they have had feelings of repulsion at the very sight or smell of a cigarette.
An electronic cigarette is the electric equivalent to a regular cigarette. An e cig or e cigarette as they are commonly referred to as is one of the most modern methods to help a smoker to quit. By allowing the user to mimic the actions they would usually make whilst smoking a regular cigarette, they are favoured by many smokers.
Give Me One Good Reason To Quit
I’ll tell you what, I will give you 10. Below are 10 of the top reasons to quit smoking:
1. You will feel and look healthier
2. If you quit smoking you reduce your chance of having a heart attack or stroke
3. You also reduce your chances of getting lung cancer
4. It stinks, and I don’t mean the habitit literally stinks. When you quit your hair, clothes, breath and home will smell much cleaner and fresher
5. You will get your nice white pearly teeth back as well as less of them aging wrinkles
6. Smoking is unfair on the rest of your family – I am sure they don’t want to breath in your fumes
7. There is no better feeling then when you achieve something. By taking back control of your health I guarantee you that you will feel great.
8. You will be able to breathe better and therefore be able to enjoy those active outdoor activities that you have not been able to do.
9. Money, money, money. By quitting you will save yourself a small fortunemaybe now is the time to book that holiday to the Caribbean that you have always dreamed of.
10. You will no longer be inhaling over 4,000 dangerous chemicals on a daily basis.
Smoking kills around 100,000 people in the UK each yeardon’t be a statistic. Take control and start your journey to a smoke free life today.